Purpose of This Blog:


In this Blog, I describe what Deceased MIL from Hell, JB was like, and the rest of the family, other than my hubbie like. My hope is to get out why the two of us did not like each other.

In my other, "Free of JB", linked from the menu, I describe my emotions and other things having to do with her death and after.

JB was "White Trash". You can see this from my second to last posting about the things that I plan to post in the future.

Most of the family is also white trash. Hubbie somehow got out of there. He broke the family tradition of dropping out of school. He completed high school and went on to get other education and get a decent job. This was done over his family's objection. But then when he started earning a decent living, they saw it as him 'raking in the dough'. JB and JB's also deceased husband spent the 25 years that followed trying to get their cut of that dough that as his parents, they were entitled to.


Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thing 1 and Thing 2

In my other blog, I talked a little about strange gifts from EJ, my not-so-dearly departed father in law. He thought it was amazing that you could get figurines for only a dollar at the dollar store. So he bought those to give as gifts. Not just one per person, but many many of them. He knew lots of people. For Christmas gifts, he would take blocks of wood, paint them, then glue the cheap figurines onto them. He spent hundreds of dollars doing this, due to sheer quantity. He knew lots of people. He thought somehow that people treasured these creations. I don't even see that you could classify them as redneck. They didn't really make scenes. They were just however many figurines he could glue onto the piece of wood he had.

When he died, there were already a bunch ready for the following Christmas. His family was saying how he already had his Christmas presents ready, that 'he knew he was going to die.' I don't really think so. Because this was not the first time he had done this. He did this every year.

I threw mine in the garbage. But to hubbie, anything, no matter what it was, that passed from his parents hands to his hands was instant treasure, and instant heirloom, so he kept hold of his. I took pictures of a couple of them. I don't know what to call them other than 'thing 1' and 'thing 2'.


Thing 1:



Thing 2:

No comments:

Post a Comment