Purpose of This Blog:


In this Blog, I describe what Deceased MIL from Hell, JB was like, and the rest of the family, other than my hubbie like. My hope is to get out why the two of us did not like each other.

In my other, "Free of JB", linked from the menu, I describe my emotions and other things having to do with her death and after.

JB was "White Trash". You can see this from my second to last posting about the things that I plan to post in the future.

Most of the family is also white trash. Hubbie somehow got out of there. He broke the family tradition of dropping out of school. He completed high school and went on to get other education and get a decent job. This was done over his family's objection. But then when he started earning a decent living, they saw it as him 'raking in the dough'. JB and JB's also deceased husband spent the 25 years that followed trying to get their cut of that dough that as his parents, they were entitled to.


Friday, May 8, 2009

One of my birthdays

I posted this on the MIL board. I said it was my 30th birthday, but actually, I think it was my 35th.

My hubbie did invite everyone he knew over to our house for my 30th birthday. As I am pushing 50 in a couple years, that's a long time ago.

Guess who was first to show up and last to leave?

JB brought with her: 8 yo niece, an Aunt and a friend who I never met. When hubbie got the cake out, the friend said "I didn't know it was FIL-less's birthday, I just thought we were coming to see JB's SON's House."

JB seated herself at the head of the dining room table and took over the dining room as her personal party place all day. She got the phone at the table and started making phone calls and inviting all of her friends and relatives in the area over to our house to see her. Then offering them food and cake when they came over.

Oh, and she was on a diet, so she could not eat the food that hubbie had gotten. He had to go back out to Wendy's and get the particular type of Wendy's salad she wanted. Didn't keep her from pigging out on cake!

My family came as well. It was my birthday, but I was huddled in a corner of the kitchen with my family, eating standing up, while JB was having her own impromptu craptacular in honor of herself in the dining room/party room.

And my Mother is all about appearances. She in her usual fashion kept telling me to be nice, to be a good hostess, etc. But none of the people at the "other party", JB's personal party even knew me or cared that I was there. JB had the place, her son provided the food and phone and she was having fun.

I don't remember her bringing me a gift. That's ok. She always brought cr@p anyway, so it would have been something that I had to get rid of! I got rid of everything she ever gave me, because I did not want her energy or the reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment